What does the future hold? While this seems to be the million-dollar question, if you are anything like us, you are probably questioning this each and every day. As news and scientific findings quickly develop, and uncertainty continues to linger, it is hard to really gather what life will look like in two days, two weeks, two months and even two years.
One thing we DO know however, is that now is NOT the time to cut back on your marketing efforts.
While this coronavirus pandemic is unlike anything many of us have ever experienced, this isn’t the first time our country has faced financial instability.
According to Forbes, “Often times when a recession happens, businesses, fearful of declining revenue, begin to cut back in various areas, including their ad spending… Nonetheless, there have been a number of studies going back nearly one century that point out the advantages of maintaining or even increasing ad budgets during a weaker economy. Those advertisers that maintained or grew their ad spending increased sales and market share during the recession and afterwards.”
As the country, individual cities, and businesses announce their plans and strategies for reopening, no one is still 100% sure what that will look like, how quickly it will take, or how people will respond.
However, as other businesses and marketers allow fear to affect their marketing efforts — rise above the rest and create some much-needed noise.
Effective marketing strategies during this time:
- Update your current website to inform your customers about your Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety procedures.
- Add e-commerce to your website so you can start selling online.
- Start an eye-catching direct-mail campaign.
- Launch a social media campaign (such as Facebook) to reach and engage with even more people.
- Ensure your messaging effectively tells your customers how to respond with a call-to-action.
- Show empathy and develop a short-term price incentive to match the economic climate, and communicate your exclusive offer via email marketing, direct mail, social media, ad placements, etc.
Many products and services are helpful and still needed during this time, so let’s make sure you are promoting remotely and safely reaching those in need of your expertise.
Whether you would like to discuss any of these services or another approach to strategic marketing, Back Forty Creative can help!